News & Updates
Ongoing research and development in the forensic economic field has led to the following publications:
- C.L. Brown (2023) How the Wage Deficit Approach (WDA) can be used to Assess Economic Loss Damages based on Guidance from British Columbia case law UBC Law Review volume 56:1.
- C.L. Brown (2022) How forensic economic technology can assist injury lawyers The Barrister Fall 2022.
- C.L. Brown (2021) Sub-Standard Mortality: Serious Implications for Injury & Fatality Cases HEARSAY Canadian Defence Lawyers
Brown Economic Consulting continues to publish and disseminate its newsletter, Brown's Economic Damages Newsletter, and regularly updates its newsletter topic index. Recent topics include:
- a 5-part series on wage gaps from Statistics Canada's 2017 Canadian Survey on Disability (CSD);
- a decision from Vancouver, BC compensating a self-employed contractor named Corness v. Ng 2022 BCSC 334 (March 2022);
- forecasting rising health care costs for cost of care recommendations (April 2022);
- income patterns by geography, education, occupation, age group, industry sector, and family type (June 2022);
- distinguishing between the use of Statistics Canada's main wage index (SEPH data) and the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for extrapolating wages (July 2022).
To subscribe to our newsletter, please us. To request prior issues of Brown's Economic Damages Newsletter, email us for