Economic Analyst Job Posting - CalgaryApplication Deadline: January 31, 2021
Brown Economic Consulting is currently accepting applications for an experienced economic analyst with previous work experience. Candidates must have a Master's or Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, plus a minimum of 3 years of work experience. Researching economic data, calculating damages & report-writing are the main job responsibilities. Other tasks include: searching for data related to forensic economics (i.e., wages, inflation, productivity, unemployment, interest rates, retirement); assisting other economists or the Principal; and analyzing economic and financial data. Applicants with work experience utilizing their economics degree are preferred.
Brown Economic enjoys an excellent reputation with lawyers and insurers across the country. Thomson Reuters published the 27th edition of Damages: Estimating Pecuniary Loss in 2020, authored by the firm's founder (Cara Brown), which necessitates ongoing research & development about various economic topics. The R&D invested in by the firm enhances the work done on individual claimants' assessments.
Applicants must be able to work onsite at our Calgary office location. Due to the nature of the position, remote work is not supported.Interested candidates must submit ALL of the following documents in PDF format (other formats NOT accepted):
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all degree programs (unofficial transcripts can be sent initially but official ones must be submitted)
- Work references (minimum of 2)
- One-page explaining "How working at Brown Economic fits with my career goals"
*** Apply via email to
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted.
OverviewBrown Economic is an interdisciplinary firm comprised of individuals highly educated in economics and law. Economics professors at universities in Canada complement our consulting team.
Working at Brown Economic Consulting Inc.Every employee plays an important role in achieving daily deliverables. Regardless of job title, each employee in our organization draws on a variety of skills each day:
- Strong writing skills in terms of grammar, spelling, literacy, organization, proofreading and conceptual organization of ideas
- Expediency in written composition and calculations in conjunction with accurate and detailed documentation
- Professional demeanour when interacting with other staff, supervisors and clients
- Development of superior analytic skills and judgment
- Ability and openness to learn continuously, acknowledge and adjust to feedback
A career at Brown Economic Consulting offers
- Opportunity to apply economics and education to real-life situations
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits
- First-class research resources (projects use Statistics Canada custom tabulations)