ECONOMIST Job Posting
Brown Economic Consulting is currently accepting applications for a forensic economist with work experience. Candidates must have Master of Arts degree in Economics or Ph.D. in Economics, plus a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
Interested candidates must submit ALL of the following documents in PDF format (other formats NOT accepted):
- Resume or CV
- Transcripts from all degreee programs
- Work references
- One-page explaining "How working at Brown Economic fits with my career goals"
Apply via email to
OverviewBrown Economic is an interdisciplinary firm comprised of individuals highly educated in economics and law. Economics professors at universities in Canada complement our consulting team.
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted.
Working at Brown Economic Consulting Inc.Every employee plays an important role in achieving daily deliverables. Regardless of job title, each employee in our organization draws on a variety of skills each day:
- Accountability for results and output rather than time input each workday
- Strong writing skills in terms of grammar, spelling, literacy, organization, proofreading and conceptual organization of ideas
- Expediency in written composition and calculations in conjunction with accurate and detailed documentation
- Confident speaking manner and professional demeanour when interacting with other staff, supervisors and clients
- Development of superior analytic skills and judgment
- Ability and openness to learn continuously, acknowledge and adjust to feedback
- Independent learning to enhance problem-solving
Benefits Coverage - Great-West LifeOur benefits program provides coverage for:
- Medical (extended health)
- Prescription drug coverage
- STD/LTD coverage
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Critical illness coverage
- Global travel assistance
- Best Doctor's program
Advantages of a Career at Brown Economic Consulting Inc.
- Stimulating and challenging work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits
- First-class research resources (projects use Statistics Canada custom tabulations)
- Opportunity to apply economics and education to real-life situations
ADMINISTRATOR/ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT Job Posting
Brown Economic Consulting is seeking an individual to fulfill a contract position as both an administrator and accounting assistant. Experience with Quickbooks is MANDATORY; proficiency in MS-Word and Excel is also required. Set your own hours (part-time) and work in an exciting, dynamic environment with highly-educated colleagues. A parking spot is available. The position offers a great deal of variety with the associated tasks. There is no reception work and minimal routine work.
Hours will vary from 15 to 25 per month. Examples of tasks include:
- Accounts payable
- Calculating quarterly GST remittances
- Issuing reminder statements
- Bank reconciliations
- Compiling year-end fiscal information for accountant
- Ordering office supplies
- Supporting consultants with administrative tasks as needed
Please forward your resume & list of references in PDF format to: